Executive Director: Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organisation (ADDRO)
The Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organisation (ADDRO), a registered church-based non-profit, non-governmental organisation that seeks to transform life and uphold human dignity and justice for all people, seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Location: Bolgatanga, Upper East Region
Reports To: Board Chair and Board of Directors of ADDRO
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the organization. Provides leadership in advancing the mission and vision of the organization as well as the key objectives of the organization’s strategic plan. The position provides primary leadership, coordination and oversight of all programs/projects, operations and the staff/team in ADDRO and is accountable to ADDRO’s Board of Directors and Donors/Funders. It involves motivating and supervising key staff as well as monitoring of ongoing programs/projects to ensure that programmatic plans and financial controls are well respected and that there is accountability, transparency and effectiveness. The position requires establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all program stakeholders including the government, Episcopal Relief & Development, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and others.
Position Responsibilities and Tasks:
Strategic Vision & Leadership
- The Executive Director has an overall supervisory role of the organization and provides oversight, leadership and accountability, including overall program management of all ADDRO’s programs.
- Provides leadership to the organization in developing a long-term strategy to meet the vision and mission of ADDRO.
- Oversees the implementation of all programs/projects, including monitoring and providing guidance and ensuring accountability, transparency and effectiveness.
Sustainable Resource Mobilization & Management
- Leads fundraising efforts including development of proposals and budgets for ADDRO programs to be submitted to sponsoring partners/donors as well as respond to calls for proposals made by institutions/organizations
Relationship Building & Human Resource Management
- Recruits/hires all employees of ADDRO, supportive supervision of staff and ensures performance reviews are undertaken.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with government, non-governmental and Faith-Based organizations and institutions.
- Liaise with key stakeholders at the national and international levels
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with the Anglican Church/Communion to foster Development.
- In conjunction with Head of Programmes for ADDRO, identify opportunities and conduct or facilitate capacity building for staff
Communications & Accountability
- Maintain frequent, transparent and direct communication with Episcopal Relief & Development and other partners and ensure timely submission of reports/documents.
- Provide transparent account of program activities to ADDRO’s Board of Directors.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required/assigned by the Board of Directors of ADDRO.
Qualification and Requirements;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Public Health, Program management or related field with a minimum of fifteen (15) years working experience and knowledge in community development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Should possess excellent knowledge and skills in project proposal writing; experience with a variety of donors an advantage
- Proven ability to be a good team player and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities independently to meet deadlines
- Should possess excellent analytical, monitoring, evaluation, project management and report writing skills
- Must be proactive, results-oriented, innovative, versatile and self- motivated.
- Proven skills in financial management is essential
- Must be high-energy, creative, with the capacity to inspire and galvanize the broader team around a vision
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, and develop solutions to them
- Demonstrated capacity for evidence-based decision making in adaptive management is recommended
- Experience in working with Faith-Based Organizations/Institutions. Familiarity with the Anglican Church, an advantage.
- Willingness to travel in country (to project sites, etc.) and outside the Country.
- Ability to work for long hours and a varied schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must be at least 40 years of age
Mode of Application
All applications with photocopies of relevant certificates/documents should be addressed to:
The Board Chairman
Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organisation (ADDRO)
P.O. Box 545
Bolgatanga, Upper East Region
Closing Date: 30th April 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Anglicans are encouraged to apply.